Sunday, February 18, 2007

Gah! Frustration

I guess I will whine in this post, ok?

So we got assigned into groups for public speaking class, and how the heck do college students not give a crap about a five point activity?!?!
OK. I feel better now. Really. Being the youngest person in my group, I really don't want to be bossy, but it is coming up in 2 weeks and we haven't done anything! AAAA! Wish me luck on, I need it :)

Oh, and on to another frustration, since I'm in that sort of mood. :) Our Algebra teacher is evil. Yes very evil.
=)

3 comments:

JB said...

Oh, believe it. This is why when I'm a teacher, I won't be assigning any groups. Group work, maybe, but I figure by the time you're in your teens you can choose your own groups. If all the slackers want to work together, let 'em!

I had a group a couple years ago that was pretty much the worst. Out of the five of us, one got sick, one disappeared, and two slacked off, and then there was only one little Indian left - yours truly. We pulled our project together in five minutes right before we were presenting it to the class, and believe it or not, I think we got a B+. Still, not an experience I'd recommend.

By the way, Rebekah, as to your age: from what I know of you, you're more mature than the vast majority of college students. I know what it's like to be at college at 16 and feel like the "young'un"...but don't let it keep you from leading if that's what you need to do!

Rebekah said...

Kudos to coming through your group alive. lol. I know, groups are soo frustrating, and mine seems to be one of the "best" in the class =\

Well, yes, I never have had a problem with being bossy... lol. So I'll probably be taking charge soon *draws imaginary gun* XD

JB said...

Watch that gun, Rebekah. You're in academia now; the second amendment is essentially birdcage liner to most people you'll meet. I think when my dad retired, the number of conservative professors in North America went down by 25%.